Linear Imaging Theory
Notes on linear imaging theory
the correct aperture size (see appendix A for derivations)
- Pointspread and Contrast
- Save drawmtf.class
and drawmtf.html in the
same directory then open drawmtf.html
with your favorite browser. Earl Kirkland's Java applet
third and fifth order spherical aberrations.
- Download and extract these Matlab files:
- Don't like Matlab?
Here is Earl Kirkland's command-line incoherent imaging
allows you to specify the detector angles and corrector for the
notes on the practical details of STEM imaging, including
Ronchigrams and the choice of detector angles
- Tutorial on Multislice
- Simulations that include beam spreading and dynamical
is a Matlab script to read stemslice.exe output line profiles
and plot them.
Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy
- Lecture Notes
on Core Loss EELS, both analysis and simulation.
- Lecture Notes
on Low Loss EELS and spatial resolution in EELS
- Fine-Structure fingerprints of most materials - a
by Chen. It has useful references to previous work (mostly
and theoretical interpretation. Read this before reinventing
- EELS with plane wave illumination (i.e. no spatial
localization) - a review
article by Brydson. A good review of EELS fine
structure in crystals and different calculation methods.
- Delocalization in Inelastic Scattering - the dipole approximation
- Links to Codes that can
Calculate EELS fine structure
a free, full-potential, but not self-consistent cluster code.
can accept potentials calculated by Wien2k however.
- a muffin-tin potential, but self-consistent cluster code.
- A full-potential, APW bandstructure code. It has useful
routines for calculating EELS matrix elements.
- an open-source, free, plane-wave psuedopotential code.
Bloch Wave Simulations
- Lecture notes
on Inelastic Scattering with an emphasis on the Bloch Wave Approach.
- A simple Bloch-wave simulation code for elastic and
scattering by Les Allen (contact Les by email for an updated version).